Siva is originally from Malaysia and has made Perth home since 2007. He completed his medical degree in Manipal Academy of Higher education in 1999. He returned to Malaysia and completed his postgraduate specialist surgery training in General Surgery from University of Malaya in 2007 and prior to that he was awarded membership with the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) in 2005
He migrated to Perth and underwent further specialized advanced surgical training in all major Perth hospitals through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons training program. He successfully obtained the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 2015.
He was subsequently selected for a Bariatric Surgery fellowship in North Shore Hospital, Auckland which he successfully completed in 2016. This is an OSSANZ accredited bariatric surgery training position and the only one in New Zealand where the Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch operation for obesity is performed. He has trained to deal with obesity and all related problems. He is fully trained to provide various treatment options to treat obesity. This includes gastric banding, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and duodenal switch operation as well as revisional surgery.
He is also a GESA accredited endoscopist and performs gastroscopy and colonoscopies. He also deals with most General Surgical conditions like hernia, gallbladder disease and bowel conditions.
With more than 15 years surgical experience, multinational training and having performed thousands of operations you can be assured that with Mr.Gounder you will be getting the best care and treatment in an honest and straightforward manner.
Public Appointments :
- Consultant Surgeon St John of God Hospital Midlands
- Senior Lecturer University of Notre Dame
Private hospital consulting:
- Midland Surgical Service, Midland Public and Private Hospital.
- Hollywood Private Hospital, Nedlands
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand (OSSANZ)
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)